It’s very important to make sure your desk and working area stay properly and regularly sanitized.
While top strategies for avoiding infection still include washing hands, keeping your hands off your face and physical distancing, there’s a lot more you can do than that, including keeping a clean workspace.
Learn about the fast and easy things you can do to maintain a hygienic space to reduce the spread of disease.
The following tips were compiled to help you to keep a clean workspace. It’s true that there are lots of other things you can do to keep it hygienic and sanitized. That said, these tips were chosen because of how fast and easy they are to keep up during the day. While you may do a deeper clean on occasion, such as at the end or beginning of each day, these are strategies you can keep up during the day, even while you’re busy.
Top fast and easy tips to make sure you keep up a clean workspace even when you’re busy.
- Get rid of what you don’t need. There has never been a better time to clean out your workspace. Once you do it, all you need to do is maintain it. It only needs to be done once and then all the rest of the points on this list become much less time consuming to keep up. Go through everything and toss, recycle, or donate whatever isn’t necessary.
- Get your own trash can. Just a little one will do. It will help you to toss away all your garbage from the day, so it won’t be allowed to build up on your work surface. This way, it will be easier to regularly keep a clean workspace. Don’t forget to empty your bin at the end of the day.
- Get a phone stand. By using a stand, you’ll be able to see and access your phone when you need it, while keeping it off your work surface. It will help to keep your phone clean and will make it easier to keep the surface clean at the same time.
- Get a UV sanitizing wand and use it. Get a UVC light sanitizer and don’t cheap out. Get one big enough to be able to quickly clean your workspace including its surface, your phone, keyboard, the arms of your chair, and even your mask (not while wearing it, of course).
- Get organized. Again, this is an activity you’ll only need to do once. The rest of it is all maintenance, which is super-easy once you’re started. Use a stackable letter tray, folders and anything else you need to keep the clutter off your desk, keep a clean workspace and make sure you still have everything you need within easy reach.